Pages

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Celebrating Merdeka?

With most people opting to go back hometown for 3 days to celebrate Independence Day,I prefer to stay at Kampar.Heck people always asked me,"You don't miss your family?Why I never see you went back to your hometown?".What I always answered was that I'm not homesick and I do miss my family but to spend 2-3 hours on the highway just to meet them is not worth at all.Better just stay at Kampar and enjoy lol.

So I had dinner with Angeline,Mabel and Tennee at Kim Keong.Ordered Black Pepper Chicken and the dish was quite ok.The chicken was grilled rather than been fried.I always prefer it grilled because if the chicken was to be fried and then topped with black pepper sauce,what is the difference with Chicken Chop?Of course the sauce is different but other than that?Still the same =)


Sorry if the picture is not nice lol.The environment is quite dark for my phone to take a decent pic.We also wanted to order the "Ikan bali+sotong" but then there is no stingray left.So we decided to cancel the order.

Chit chat for 1-2 hour then we went back home.At 12am,which is the Independence Day, we went out to the porch to play some firecrackers.It was some leftover during CNY. Our dog was scared with the song.WTF,people walk by he barks but this sound already scared him until he do not dare to look to the outside lol.We went to Westlake soon and was greeted by lots of Mat Rempit.There are quite a lot people there.A mixture of students,families and also the residents from Kampar.Well even foreigner is there!!Tennee asked me,"What they got to do with our country's Independence Day?" haha..

Then of course there is also some incident happened.One of the rider fell down from the bike and as typical Malaysians,a lot of people went over.Not to help the guy but to laugh at him.We tried to stay away from there as we scared something happen later.Who knows?Another fight perhaps?

Later,we go Ghanny to yum cha.Meet Alvin there and we talked about Uni stuffs.Reached home around 3am and sleep at 4 something.

Happy Independence Day,Malaysia.


And I always heard about politics or peoples talking about ethnic problem Malaysia is facing.If you and I would recall,did we actually became so racist when we were in secondary school?For me I would say no.I still remember the times we had birthday surprises together,playing football together,hanging out and do a lot of stuffs teenagers do.Did we actually mind about the color of each other skins?NO.

It's true that some places there is still people who is racist but it doesn't mean everywhere is also people who is racist isn't it?And about the quota for the university slot,think carefully.Do we blame the government or do we blame the students?

To others that might said I am naive and is still studying and that I will know the reality when I start to work.Well sad to say,I worked for for at least 3-4 places and there is no racism at all,yet.Please do not generalize and if you don't like what you are reading,then just get off the blog will you?

And to some politicians,please stop playing racism stuffs.You were payed to work for us and not to talk cock here and there.I do not about others but I won't be falling for this.

Until then,enjoy your holiday and do drive safely when your holiday ends.

1 comments:

Ken Wooi said...

happy merdeka..
haha i wont go back to my hometown to see family too if i were you.. sure got other better time.. =)
regarding the politics.. so complicating la.. sian..

kenwooi.com

Post a Comment